1. What is Medichill?
Medichill is a world leading thermal therapy product that offers medication-free pain relief through the use of ‘Cool Cube’ Ice Pad and Orthopaedic Ice Wrap technology.
2. What is a Medichill ‘Cool Cube’ Ice Pad?
A ‘Cool Cube’ ice pad is a cell of frozen or chilled gel contained between a soft touch fabric and a synthetic film. Multiple cells form a sheet.
3. What is a Medichill ‘Cool Cube’ Ice Pad made of?
The fabric and film encapsulate de-hydrated super absorbent polymers within the cell. When hydrated (soaked in water) the polymers absorb and retain the water in preparation for freezing or chilling or heating.
4. How do Medichill Ice Pads work?
Simply hydrate until the cells are firm to touch (approx. 20 mins) or until the cell size suits your requirements. Freeze, Chill or Heat the pad. It is then ready for a pain relieving application.
5. Where can you use Medichill ‘Cool Cube’ Ice Pads?
They can be applied to most parts of the human body, giving effective and medication-free pain relief for:
- Soft tissue trauma, sprains, strains, muscle tears and dislocations.
- Injury rehabilitation.
- Treatment for stings and bites.
- Body temperature control.
- Minor Burns and Sunburn.
- Back, neck, migraine and period pain.
- Nursing mothers.
- As well as for transportation of medications and bio-medical samples.
6. What are the benefits of Medichill?
- Very economical.
- Re-usable and should last for many years.
- Stays dry when thawing. No pools of water.
- Removes the need for constant replenishment of normal ice.
7. Is Medichill harmful to humans?
No. It is completely safe to humans and is also non-allergenic and suitable for food contact. Conforms to Australian Standards and Food and Drug Authority Regulations.
8. What are the features of Medichill?
- Stays frozen longer than ice.
- Can be cut to varying sizes to suit most applications.
- Very flexible and pliable for ease of application.
- Completely safe.
- Different cell sizes for different applications.
- Can be microwaved for HOT PACK treatments.
- From full body coverage to the smallest extremity.
- Extremely light weight when dehydrated.
- Easy to store and handle.
9. What happens if I puncture a cell of the sheet?
No problem. Simply rinse out that cell, you can then continue using the sheet.
10. How long do the sheets last?
The sheets have an indefinite shelf life prior to use. They can be used for years once hydrated and frozen, if steps are taken to keep them clean and unsoiled, like sealing them in a plastic bag. The cells may dehydrate and flatten out over time, no need to dispose of sheet, simply rehydrate and when cells are firm to touch place back in freezer.
11. Are they available in general retail, like Pharmacy and Supermarkets?
At this stage the Medichill products are sold through commercial channels and distributors as well as our online shops
Should you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact Customer Care 02392 601040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org